What is a Bail Bond?
Bad things can--and do--happen to good people. An unexpected chain of events can lead to jail time. If this happens, we want to do everything possible to help the situation. Legal proceedings can be very confusing. Part of the procedure includes posting bail for the jailed person, but we may not be able to afford the funds necessary. This is where Bad Boys Bail Bonds can help. We’ll help you through the entire process of understanding the types of bail needed and supplying you with the necessary funds.
What is Bail?
Bail is the amount of money decided upon by a court if someone has been arrested and is being charged with criminal acts. After someone is arrested, they need to attend a bail hearing in which a judge will decide if bail is needed for the individual to be released. Deciding factors on the amount of the bail is determined by the crime committed, and the risk factor of the accused not returning to court for trial and sentencing purposes. If the amount that is set isn’t readily available, you can receive help through a bail bond agency.
What is a Bail Bond?
A bail bond is bail that has been posted by a third-party after the initial bond hearing. There are several types of bail bonds. The most common are:
- Surety Bond:A bail bonds agent will post the needed amount with collateral from family members. Once the individual has returned to court as expected, a non-refundable charge is taken from the money returned by the court.
- Property Bond:A lien is placed on a property guaranteeing the person’s return to court. If the person does not return, the property may be placed into foreclosure to cover the cost of bail.
- Cash Bond:This type of bond can be paid with cash or credit card. The amount paid will be returned after court appearance.
Bail can be needed for cases such as domestic abuse, driving under the influence (DUI), or drug possession. Bail bond laws are quite complex, so it’s important to understand what’s required at the time bail is being set.
Why Using a Bail Bond Agency is Your Best Option
Utilizing the services of a bail bond agency is a wise choice. By doing so, you won’t freeze up your other assets. Bails can be expensive, so the minimal fee charged by agencies is normally easier to work with during this stressful time instead of having what could be a very large amount of your personal funds used.
Our professional agents know all the legal requirements, which can be quite confusing and complex. We will assist you in understanding bail bond laws, and in fulfilling the bail bond requirements if your family may not be able to afford it in one lump sum.
Bad Boys Bail Bonds Can Help!
Bad Boys Bail Bonds knows that bad things can happen to good people, any time of the day or night. We’re available for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We concentrate on helping you and your loved one, treating everyone involved with respect and confidentiality. We have experience and knowledge in Utah laws regarding bail and bail bonds, and can handle your needs quickly and efficiently.
When requesting bail, please have the following information ready, if possible:
- Inmate’s Full Name
- Arrest Date
- What Jail They Are Being Held In
- Bail Amount
We all hope that we never have trouble with the law and court systems, but rest assured, if you and your family need a bail bonds agency, Bad Boys Bail Bonds is here for you! Contact us today at 801-895-4014 or request bail online today!
Latest posts by Larry Nowak (see all)
- 5 Reasons a Judge Might Deny Bail - November 7, 2018
- How to Find a Reputable Bail Agent - August 28, 2018
- What You Should Know About Utah's Reduction Of The DUI Alcohol Limit - August 21, 2017