7 Frequently Asked Bail Bond Questions
What Should I Know Before I Contact a Utah Bail Agent?
Getting mixed up with legal trouble can be scary and confusing especially if you are not sure of how to post bail to get out. Bad Boys Bail Bonds Utah is able to assist in posting bails, navigating the bail system, and help your loved ones figure out what they need to even begin.
For starters, Bad Boys Bail Bonds Utah need to know specific information before they can start the process. They must know:
- Where is the person in custody? (This specifically means city, state, and location of the facility).
- What is the full name and booking number of person in jail? The Bad Boys Bail Bonds Utah will need this information in order to contact the jail. They can obtain the booking number if you forgot or if it was not available
- How much is the bail? The Bad Boys Bail Bonds Utah will get this information when they contact the jail if you do not have it. Once the bondsman have the bail amount, they will be able to tell you the cost and requirements to release the defendant from custody.
How Do I Get A Bail Bond?
There are three main ways a person can be released from custody:
- The defendant can use a bondsman from Bad Boys Bail Bonds Utah.
- The defendant can post cash for the full amount of the bond with the court or jail.
- And lastly the judge can decide to let the defendant go on their own recognizance which means the defendant agrees in writing to arrive for their court date.
Will I Receive My Money Back After the Case Concludes?
There are a few exceptions where you get your bail bond amount back, but you do not get your premium back that you paid to the bonding office. In the state of Utah, bail bondsman are required to charge a nonrefundable minimum of 10% and a maximum of 20%. This fee is what allowed the defendant to get out of jail and is fully earned once the defendant is out of custody.
Can The Defendant Leave The State Or The Country While On Bond?
If the defendant plans to leave the country, they must get permission from the bonding office in writing beforehand. If the court has given the defendant direct instruction not to leave the country, then they must additionally get written consent from the courts. Otherwise, the defendant risks arrest.
Can A Bail Agent Discount The Fees On The Premium?
The state of Utah requires a premium of 10-20 percent. Companies risk losing their license if they offer a discount so be wary of companies that lead you to believe that they will. Always request to look at the company's rate chart to avoid being wrongly charged. You can visit the Bad Boys Bail Bonds Utah website to find more information on allowable premiums.
What Types of Collateral Are Acceptable?
There are several types of collateral that bail agencies will accept. The overall idea is anything of great value like the following:
- Stocks or Bonds
- Valuable Jewelry
- Credit Cards
- Cars in good condition
- Bank accounts
What Happens If the Person is Arrested While out on Bond?
The issue with that is twofold:
- If you decided to surrender the bond you will lose the premium that was paid.
- If you decided to get the defendant out on bond again, you will now have to post two new bonds and pay the premium on both bonds again.
Figure out the bond process can be intimidating but it doesn't have to be. The bond agents at Bad Boys Bail Bonds Utah are willing to walk you through the process for the best results. Contact Bad Boys Bail Bonds Utah to request bail 24/7 or with any questions about posting bond.
- COVID-19 Update: Bad Boys Bail Bonds Remains Fully Operational - March 20, 2020
- Arrested On Holiday? Here’s What You Should Know - December 11, 2019
- Why Choose Bad Boys Bail Bonds this Holiday Season - November 18, 2019