How to Expedite the Bail Process
The moments following an arrest can be some of the most stressful and traumatic of your lifetime. Especially in the case of first-time offenders, having your freedom taken away can be as embarrassing as it is frightening. However, luckily many are fortunate enough to be able to post bail and get released prior to their court date. While it does not always guarantee you will stay out of jail, being bailed out far supersedes the alternative. The purpose of Bad Boy Bails Bonds is to help those who find themselves or their loved ones in this unfortunate predicament, to get their lives back to normal, as soon as possible.
How to Bail Out of Jail
First thing's first, you cannot bail out of jail until your bail has been set. In order to have your bail set, you must appear in front of a judge. The judge will hear the details of your arrest and based on the severity as well as your personal criminal history, they will set bail in whatever amount they deem fair. The bail can then be paid with cash, a check, or a credit card, in some states. In the case in which the bail is too much to be paid in cash, you can hire a bail bondsman who will charge you a portion of the fee, and present the court with a bond for your release. As long as the defendant refrains from missing the court dates, no further monies are taken from the client. However, keep in mind that there is a difference between bondable and non-bondable offenses. In the case that a capital crime has been committed or guilt is evident, you will be denied bond.
Getting Out of Jail Faster
While there is not much one can do in order to speed up the time it takes to process paperwork, there is a lot that can be done on behalf of the defendant to speed up the process.
- Contact Bail Bondsman: First of all, make sure you call the bail bondsman as soon as possible. This will help get the process started and help it move along more efficiently.
- Gather All Pertinent Information: Next, you will want to gather as much information as possible in order to ensure a swift release. This will mean knowing the charges in detail, the inmate number, and anything else that will give the bail bondsman a head start on the process.
- Find Out the Bail Schedule: You will then want to find out the bail schedule as certain offenses carry one set bail and the amount you will have to pay will be evident. This will also make it easier on your bondsman.
- Know Your Rights: In the case in which bail is excessive or you feel you are being treated unjustly, a lawyer may need to be contacted. Although this is not typical, if you find yourself in a situation where you are in fear for your safety or there are some other dire circumstances, you are legally allowed to request to see your lawyer at any time.
Contacts Bad Boys Bail Bonds Today
Whether you or one of your loved ones needs to be bailed out of jail, Bad Boys Bail Bonds is here to help. A family owned and operated business, we are open 24 hours a day and will do everything we can to make sure your loved one is home as quickly as possible. With a combined 25+ years in the business, we have agents located all over the state ready and willing to meet your bail bonds. Click here to request bail, or call 801-895-4014 to speak with one of our bondsmen.
- COVID-19 Update: Bad Boys Bail Bonds Remains Fully Operational - March 20, 2020
- Arrested On Holiday? Here’s What You Should Know - December 11, 2019
- Why Choose Bad Boys Bail Bonds this Holiday Season - November 18, 2019